How to apply coloring to cells that meet your defined criteria (based on value)

Hi I’m trying to great a red, amber, green status base on if a value falls between two number. For example
1-3 = green
4-6 = amber
7 -9 = Red

I have the first part working IF(AND({Risk Impact}>0,{Risk Impact}<4),“Green”) but can add another if statement.

I’ve tried IF(AND({Risk Impact}>0,{Risk Impact}<4),“Green”), IF(AND({Risk Impact}>3,{Risk Impact}<6),“Amber”) but this returns an error.

Apologies if this is a simple question but go easy as I’m a beginner here.

Mike

IF(AND({Risk level}>0,{Risk level}<3,“Green”, IF(AND({Risk level}>4,{Risk level}<6,“Amber”))))

Arghhh!!! So now I’m getting all boxes saying true. Is anyone able to helpScreenshot 2021-02-13 at 15.05.20

Hello Mike

I’m not sure if I understood your question, but in my opinion you can work with the conditional colouring and don’t have to work with the formula.

You can use the conditional colouring in monday.com to select a column “Risk level” and define there when which colour should be set.
Finally, you must save the colouring as a new view, otherwise the selection will be lost. You can do this at the top right (marked yellow).

If you want to use this new view as the standard view, you have to set it up.
(see second picture)

I hope I was able to help you.

Greetings Matthias

1 Like

Hi

Thanks you, that’s perfect . I had found the conditional formatting feature but your explanation has helped me understand how to use it. Appreciate your help.

Mike

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.