How to? Calculate % Complete with mirror columns

Hi Everyone,

I have two boards, a Project Board and a Portfolio Board.

On my Project Board, I calculate the % complete of an item.

• First, I have a formula column that counts all of the subitems.
  • Second, I have a Number column. An automation that assigns a 0(any status aside from completed) or 1(completed status) to this column based on the subitem status. This column is then summarized on the item level.
  • I then have a formula that divides completed subitems by total subitems. It works great and calculates the % complete.

On the project board this works great, the problem is when I mirror this information to the Portfolio Board. I am able to mirror the numbers for total sub items and completed sub items, but I cannot create a formula to calculate % complete because “formulas with multiple mirrored columns” is not currently supported.

Does anyone have a workaround for this or a solution without using third party aps?

Hey @STX,

Is it possible for you to clarify how many levels of mirroring is occurring here? I.e. mirror from subitems to parent item (1 level), mirroring that parent item data into another board (2 levels), etc… This will help me understand why you’re experiencing this behaviour incase it’s a system error! You’re welcome to share any screenshots/recordings if that’s easier :slight_smile:

Thank you :pray:

Hi Bianca,

So I have two Number columns (Task Count and Task Completed) which mirror information as per below:

• Subitem to Parent Item
  • Parent Item to Another board

I’ve made some changes and found that if I have one parent item with multiple subitems there is no issue, however if I have more than one parent item with subitems the error returned is “Formula with multiple mirrored values is not currently supported”.

@BiancaT

Just wondering if there is anymore insight into this?

Hey @STX,

My apologies for missing your reply here :pray:

I appreciate you providing further insight here. We tend to run into issues when mirroring multiple columns including formula columns so there could be a few things at play here and I’d love to ensure I am completely across your set up.

Just in regard to your initial explanation…

• First, I have a formula column that counts all of the subitems.

Is this on the parent level or subitem level? Similarly, is this formula included in the mirroring into your Portfolio board?

• Second, I have a Number column. An automation that assigns a 0(any status aside from completed) or 1(completed status) to this column based on the subitem status. This column is then summarized on the item level.

• I then have a formula that divides completed subitems by total subitems. It works great and calculates the % complete.

Which columns in your origin board are being included in this formula?

Finally, what specifically out of the above information is mirrored into Portfolio board, and how is that information being used? I.e. is it being included in an additional formula column?

If you can provide any screenshots to further break this down that would be super helpful :pray: