When can we have support for "Formulas with multiple mirrored values?

Need this in our dashboard

2 Likes

There is a bit of a cheat code to it…

Let’s say we have three boards (A,B, and C).
Boards A & B are connected.
Boards B & C are connected.
Board B rolls up/mirrors information from board A.
Board C then mirrors the mirror column on board B of board A’s column.
Board C wants to use Board A mirrors in a formula.
This is where the error occurs!!!

Solution, make this change instead:
Boards A & B are connected.
Boards B & C are connected.
Board B rolls up/mirrors information from board A.
Board B has a formula column displaying the information of the mirror from Board A.
Board C then mirrors the formula column on board B of board A’s column.
Board C uses the mirrored formula column in a formula without issue!

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Tried testing the solution using a formula and it worked fine. What about columns with Status as data type, I want to use the mirrored summary of the statuses in a formula.

Thank you
Wilbert

Can you explain more about your use case around statuses? Specifically what is the end result you would like? Are you using a dashboard for this information to be seen or only on Board C specifically? Often what I do for clients is on Board A assign a formula column that gives the status column a number value. So let’s say you just want to count completed items, a simple if status is done return 1 otherwise return 0 works for that.

Let me know

Hi Chris,

Here is my use case:

Board A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A9 - Each board contains projects with multiple tasks each with timeline, status, progress etc…

Board B - This board will contain the summary of the projects per board (A1…A9) like overall progress, status, etc… (I have this board since I don’t know how to bring this data out from board A1…A9 by just using widget charts.)
Example:
A1- Overall summary of projects (80%), Total tasks done (80), Delayed tasks (10), On-going(10): This will be shown in graph from another board
A2- Overall summary of projects (70%), Total tasks done (70), Delayed tasks (10), On-going(20): This will be shown in graph from another board

Board C - Based on the summary in board B, this will contain some formulas that will be scored based on some matrix based on the company’s scoreboard. (1 lowest, 5 highest)
Example: A1 - Grade 4.5, A2 - Grade 3, A3 - Grade 5

Hope this helps

Thanks
Wilbert

Hi Wilbert,

I think I get it, but seeing it would be really helpful to see if I can support in a solution.

Would you be open to jumping on a call?

Sure, what time?

I sent you a message

Hi Chris,

I am in the Philippines (GMT+8). We can have: From 3:30 to 5PM or 10PM to 11PM Philippines Time

Thanks
Wil

I can do 10 pm Philippines time today. Please email me to confirm: support@simplifiedworkflows.com

@ChrisBuna I just wanted highlight that this was perfect information that solved my problem. Thank you very much!

1 Like

@Business_Automated that’s great to hear!