Use mirror columns in formulas

Hello there,
I am the IT guy in an imports/exports corp and we’ve been using Monday for a couple months now.

Use Case
There’s a few boards per customer (orders, accounting, shipping, customs etc) with links & mirrors all over the place. I know this is not the ideal setup but my team favors it this way. Now the problem is that they want to use the mirror columns inside formulas and this is not supported (Unsupported column type: lookup).

Request
An elegant solution would be for formulas to be able to use mirrored columns right away. An alternative would be to be able to select columns from different boards right inside the formula without having a mirror column in the first place. Perhaps the linking should persist for the formula to know which board to search or maybe incorporate a {Board!Column} selector, similar to Excel Book!Cell Area .

This is a huge deal for my team as they are accustomed to MS Excel doing that and now Monday instead of an upgrade feels like a step-back.

5 Likes

This would be great, many people in the community are asking this,.

2 Likes

This would be amazing! We use formulas and mirrored columns all the time and this would be so helpful!

1 Like

I totally support this request!

Hey @rallisf1 @Celine @hlopezvc @beethovencoffeeco,

Thanks for writing in. Not sure if you know this but you can use the mirror column in formulas now. :slight_smile: You can also use a formula in a formula column. I hope this helps.

Keep crushing it on the platform and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to include any use case you have in the other sections of the community. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Justin

3 Likes

Hello @JustinJ,
What about a Sum from a different board?
I would like to take the sum from a furniture board and put it in a formula to deduce from a budget in an other board.
Is this possible?
THX

1 Like

@JustinJ thanks for the update!

@rallisf1 Anytime. :slight_smile:

Hey @Celine,

At the moment there is no way to use a sum in a formula column, but this sounds like it could be a great addition. I will be sure to pass this along as feedback to our product team for review.

In the meantime, keep lighting up the forums and be sure to share your use case in the other sections of the community. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Justin

2 Likes

Yes…We need to be able to work those numbers…just like the simplest thing you need to do whenever you open a MS excell or google sheets…

Please do it asap.
Thanks, Xv

Agreed, please please add the ability to perform formulas with group sums!

1 Like

This would be very valuable for our team as well.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.