How to change subitems when an item column changes?

Hey there!
Is there any way to create a Monday automation that updates a subitem column to match a parent’s column? So when the top line “Market” changes to Chicago, then the subitem’s all change to Chicago.

I know subitems are getting more functionality at end of Q1. Any details on what this will entail?
Thanks!
Mark

1 Like

@cryptomark

Currently, there is no way to do what you’re asking for with standard automations.

You would need to use something outside base monday like Integromat/Make. There might be an app in the marketplace that could do that; but, nothing comes to mind.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
Watch Our Latest Video: Should I convert my Integromat account to Make? - YouTube
Contact me directly here: Contact – The Monday Man

1 Like

Thank you!!! Good to know… Here’s the sub-item product plan: Subitems Product Plan

I am also feverischly looking for this option. Seems like a very basic option for a Workflow application. Hope Subitems get some love soon.

• You can connect and mirror the parent items Status column in the subitem, but should be done manually for every item (so it does not work for our us, we nee automation).
  • there actually is a way to set it all up (need several mirrors, and +4 automations), but then the automation just does not run.

Hey @MauritsNWC

We developed an app that solves this exact problem of changing subitems based on their parent item and automatically linking between them. Here are a few examples -

Matching the subitem’s value to the parent item value when created →

Matching the subitem’s value to the parent item value when parent changes →

Automatically linking item to its parent item so you can use mirrors -

We’re constantly adding new capabilities You can find it in the monday.com marketplace in the platform or here - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

Hope that helps!