How to Update Monday.com board using Google Sheets

Hi! I tried to link Google Sheets to Monday.com through Zapier, but I am having a hard time in mirroring the updates in Google Sheets to Monday.com board.

1. I tried to update existing data in the Google Sheet, it was not reflected in Monday.com board.
  2. When I added another row in Google Sheet (data in different columns), it was reflected in Monday.com board in 1 column only.

Is there a way to do it without scripts?
I am not well-versed in scripts. Or if API scripts is the only way out, can I have a sample script that I can work on?
I attached the link for the screenshots of my Zapier integration for your reference.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SBbbrh6oMsQRUjdO1VAdGSy2IH-yxYC9?usp=sharing

HI @AizaLiansing, welcome to our community!

Thanks for including the links to your screenshots-- definitely super helpful to see.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page-- are newly created Google Sheet rows being pushed over successfully? And it’s just updating column values that’s not happening?

Either way, I see that the monday.com Zap you’ve chosen is “Create item in monday.com.” As such, even if you did update a row on Google Sheets, you would still be creating a new item in your monday.com board.

Would you consider utilizing Integromat instead of Zapier? I think this might make it easier for you to set up!

-Helen

1 Like

Hi @Helen , thank you for the warm welcome :smile:
No. newly created Google sheet rows are not being reflected on the Monday.com board and its also not reflecting the updates on existing rows.

I haven’t tried Integromat yet but I’ll also try this one. Thank you for the suggestion :smile:

Thanks,

Aiza

1 Like

Hmm strange.

If you do want to go ahead and continue using Zap, you don’t need to include all of the values in the “Item Name” section:

Instead, you can only include the “1. Customer First Name” field like you have currently in your monday.com board!

You column values would also need to be in the correct JSON formatting according to their column types as dictated in this support article: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014205860-Zapier-JSON-Formatting-Examples.

Lastly, make sure you activate “Developers Mode” in your monday.labs (can be found in your avatar menu) area to see the column ids for all of your monday.com columns!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.