Hyperlink Automations

Hello,

I am a new Monday user, and I need a fresh set of eyes on my situation. My goal is to automate a hyperlink, which I know can’t happen, but I want to find an alternate way to autofill a hyperlink in a column when someone is assigned to an item. I’ve tried other columns beside the link column, like dropdown, tags, and formula, but have gotten stuck. If someone knows of a way to autofill a certain link out of a list of links based on the person assigned, it would be super helpful. Even if the trigger isn’t a person being assigned, finding a way to connect the person’s name and their link would help me tremendously.

@mammamia,

I think the most simple way would be to use an Integromat scenario to update a link column when the person is changed.

However, another idea you might try would be to create a board, “People” and have one of the columns on that board be a link column. You could then add a connect boards column where you want the link and mirror the link column from the People board. Let me know if you need more details.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for responding so quickly! I don’t have access to Integromat, but I will definitely try mirroring the link column. Thank you for your help!

@mammamia,

How did this work out for you?

I am still waiting on board permissions from my boss (I didn’t create the board, I just edit it), but once I do, I will let you know how it goes. I’m looking forward to trying it!

@JCorrell It worked! Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.