I get a null response in my php

When I execute my php on a local server its gives a null response, this HAS to be a issue with the code because when I just echo the API I get all the data. Can someone tell me where I go wrong with my code. And please tell me how to fix it, I am trying to learn as much as I can. My plan is to get to total amount of items in a total number and display this number in my html for the time being.

You can’t see the token and other stuff to make a connection for security reasons but the for each loop is where the magic happens. $showHtml is echod in my html document

My graph QL code:

query { boards (ids: xxxxxxxxx) { groups (ids: new_groupxxxx) { id title } items { name id state }}}

Hey @lorentz ,

That’s a great use case :slight_smile:

To be transparent, I am not much of a PHP developer myself. That said, looking at the GraphQL query you are using, it seems like you are inserting a specific group ID in the request. This Group ID might not exist within that specific board, which is why you are getting a “null” response.

You’ve mentioned making the exact same query using our API playground works for you, is that correct? You might experience the behavior since you are using a forEach loop, and this StackOverFlow thread suggests using "while’ instead.

Let me know if this is helpful!

-Alex

I deleted this post because everything works know, you were right the group id was rong. Instead of groups (ids: new_groupxxxx) I had to do groups (ids: “new_groupxxxx”). Small but devastating if not properly done. Will graphQL get updates in the future to be less sensitive to these mistakes?

@lorentz

I’m glad you were able to find the solution here! I’m afraid the group ID value is always expected to be formatted as a string when sent to our API, and I do not think this is subject to change in the nearest future.

-Alex

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.