IF Statement for Invoice

LOGIC
If a qty changed column is blank, calculate total cost by multiplying original number * Unit Price.
If changed column has a number in it, calculate total cost by multiplying changed number * unit price

Can anyone please tell me why this formula does not work?
FORMULA
IF ({QTY Changed by Site Super}= “0”, MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{QTY Changed by Site Super}),MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{Original Qty #7 Weep Sill Screed})

Many thanks

Hi Sue,

You have more open parentheses than close parentheses. Add a close parenthese at the end and it should work.

You can check the syntax of your formulas for parenthesis and curly braces here:
https://docs.mdboosters.com/check-your-formula

Want to take your formulas to the next level? Try the Advanced Formula Booster, the app that reinvents formulas in monday.

• Create formulas without using the Formula column (and avoid its limitations)
  • Build formulas involving data from the previous item, the next item, the sub-items, the parent item, even items in the same group or the same board.
  • In one formula, update multiple columns from multiple items.

Check our blog for real use cases.

Hi Gilles
I love your formula checker. I tried it before I made the change and I got the same error.
Then I made the change, and it still isn’t working in Monday.
So I tested it again and got this

Here is the new one I tested.
IF ({QTY Changed by Site Super}= “0”, MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{QTY Changed by Site Super}),MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{Original Qty #7 Weep Sill Screed}))

In reading one of the blogs on your site, I think it has to do with a blank/zero in the changed quantity column. Any ideas?

Many thanks

In monday, are you still getting an error or it is not giving you the result you expect?

I’m still getting the red error icon

Test your formuly elements by elements:

MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{QTY Changed by Site Super})

Then if it works:

MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{Original Qty #7 Weep Sill Screed})

Then if it works:

IF({QTY Changed by Site Super}= "0", MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{QTY Changed by Site Super}),MULTIPLY({#7 weep sill screed 1 and three eights by 3-1/2 Flange Galv10},{Original Qty #7 Weep Sill Screed}))

This should allow you to narrow it down.

Thanks! I’ll let you know!

Wow - No joy!

The Check the formula page is just checking the number of open/close parentheses and braces.

Did you test each element individually? Do they work?