Is there a way to automatically convert a subitem to an item in a different group after a stage changes to a specific value?

See title.

Once a sub-item’s stage changes to “Closed” for example, I would like to automatically convert it to an item and move it to a different board. Is there a way to do this directly or indirectly?

Thank you,
Austin

there are no recipes that allow you to convert automatically. Perhaps setting an automation for a notification “when the status is changed to ready to be converted” you can manually conver the subitem to a main item. I would then create an automation for "when an item status changes from ready to convert to … (whatever you choose), move item to board… (whatever you choose).
this would eliminate 1/2 steps.

2 Likes

Thanks! I think ultimately we are going to have to convert all of our subitems into items and re-work from there. We are still early in our Monday usage and development so it’s not too complicated to execute now.

+1 would also like an automation where subitems can be converted to items and moved to a different group/board

3 Likes

Hey @austin-teamway, @Amanda115, @pellegrino

We developed an app called subitem automations that provides robust automation capabilities to subitems. It also includes the ability to convert subitems to items in a different board here’s an example →

You can find it in the monday.com marketplace in the platform or here - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

Hope that helps!

1 Like