Is there a way to connect start and end dates of different pulses?

Hi Monday.com,

I have a question about the functionality for calendar planning.

As seen on the screen, we’d like to have two date columns for each pulse, one which is the start date and another which is a due date. The pulses are chronological items in a project. We would like to be able to set the first pulse’s start date and have it “waterfall” down to the last pulse’s due date.

We’d like to be able to make the end date of one pulse to be the start date of another, but also to add x number of days to a start date to make the due date of the same pulse.

I checked through many topics and either they were not the same or there was no solution.

Best regards,

Stjepan Palada
ARCH Influencer Agency

Hey @PaladaARCH :wave:

At this time, what you’re looking to do is not possible with our current Dependency capabilities.

Our dependencies will adjust dates strictly vertical within one column or horizontal within one item. You cannot bounce between different columns in different items as you’ve shown:

Check out this article for more details: How to Set Dependencies on monday.com

However, I absolutely see why this would be helpful, so to help show your support for adding this capability, I would encourage you to share your thoughts in the Feature Feedback section of the Community!

Something you can try as well would be to use one of our 3rd party platform integrations to build your own dependency automation:

Otherwise, if you are comfortable coding or have access to any developers, you can build your own automation using our API:

If you need additional support on our APIs or apps platform, I would recommend doing a search for your question in our developer community here. You can also post to the community to get help from other monday.com developers.

If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If this interests you, simply fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

@PaladaARCH

Have you had any success solving this? I’m looking for the same solution. Seems the old school pm tools had a few things right.

Thank you

-Jerry

Hey @jgcbvb

Sadly, we did not go into different apps around Monday. We decided to simply use the Timeline column together with the Dependencies function.

It does not completely do the trick, but it is a good enough solution for us. It also allows for great dashboards for Gantt overviews. Our c-suite colleagues love it.

Best,
Stjepan