Is there a way to create a "Quantity" column?

We are tracking tasks to see how many we do of each by the end of the year. Instead of entering a task 20 times as separate items on a board, is there a “Quantity” column we could add that we could list the task as one item, but put the number 20 in the Quantity column? The end goal would be to sum up the Quantity column in a dashboard for each “Type” of task.

thank you

How many boards are you using to track the specific task?
I would probably use a label, status or dropdown column type to categorize the particular task (depending on how many types of tasks you’re trying to track) and create it every time.

If one board, then add a chart view, with settings to show “count” on the particular column you are using to track the type of request.

If on multiple boards, then use a dashboard to report on the data.

Thank you Amy. There are around 9 boards connected to dashboards, and we do have a Label for the Type of task. However, for example, if we do 20 of a specific Type of task a day, we don’t want to have to put in 20 line items. Rather, we’d like to just put in one line item and put a number 20 in a “Quantity” column, which we would like to total up in the dashboards. I hope this makes sense. thank you

This would be a numbers column on each item then, wouldn’t it? You’d summarize that on your dashboard by task type.

If a column stores a number, its a numbers column - whether you call it quantity or whatever you want it to be. monday operates on generics, don’t think of anything it has as specific function until you give it a specific meaning yourself.

Then I agree with Cody. Use a Number column, but I would also add a Button column.

Customize the button automation “When button clicked then increase numbers by 1” and Click the button every time you have to preform that task.

buttonclick

Thank you all for the information. Will definitely be trying the suggestions!

1 Like