Formula in Dashboard

Hello everyone.
I need to enter a formula in the dashboard.

The formula would be very simple:
Value (example “30.000 USD”) - Sum of a column of the Board.

I see that through the widget ‘Number’ the sum can be displayed, but I would need to display the value you get by subtracting that figure from a number I entered.

2 Likes

Hey @AleRun

Right now this is one thing the formula column doesn’t support. You can’t use the sum of a column in a formula — I think this is what you’re asking for?

Let me know if I misunderstood!

1 Like

Is this something that would be possible in the future? It would be supper usefull.

Im curious how others are getting around the lack of neither dashboards or boards supporting performing formulas on column sums.

I for example want to track my tax liability based upon gross income (sum of one group) minus year to date expenses (sum of another group) times percentage of liability (15%).

Another use case example would be taking the sum of monthly expenses (a sum of a group) and putting it in a formula to determine days left of runway.

Has there been any update on this possible feature?

Hi @AleRun @Sotiris @jimwelch

While we wait for monday to implement that, as a workaround I would like to mention that the Reports by Screenful add-on can do calculations based on sums of columns (disclosure: I’m the founder). You can learn more about this feature from this blog post.

You can find this add-on at the monday.com marketplace: https://monday.com/marketplace/19

1 Like

Any news about use formula colunms in Dashboards?
@julia-monday.com