Lead conversion automation

Hello,
I’m used to have a lead conversion system, if the lead is positively qualified in either Customer or Deal. I see monday is structured in a way that allows convert Leads in Customer only. That’s fine but there is any way to automatize this?
Moreover there is any way to instead convert a qualified lead in a Deal without copy and paste existing informations?
Thanks,
Velectro

Hello @Velectro ,

Welcome to the monday community! :muscle:

You certainly can automate this process. I would suggest creating custom automations like the following :

When Lead Status changes to Qualified New , create item ( here you can have any information needed from your lead item) in Customers ( and link boards if you desire).

When Lead Status changes to Qualified , create item ( here you can have any information needed from your lead item) in Deals ( and link boards if you desire).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

1 Like

Hi @Velectro, I see there are 2 pain points that you would want to resolve:

1. Avoiding duplicates
  2. Manually copying the data

If I were creating this workflow, I would most probably move the item from Leads board into Deals or Customer Board. That too with an automation.

Here’s what you need to do:

• Create a dropdown field Lead Stage in the Leads board with values like “Qualified”, “Not Qualified”, etc.

Create an automation that
When Lead Stage is set to “Qualified”
Then move the item to “Deals” board

Once you do that, you’ll have to map all the fields that you want to take from the leads item to Deals item when it is moved via automation.

Also you might need to add some checks on which data to populate within the leads board before this automation is triggered so that you don’t see empty items popping in the Deals board.

Happy to help.

1 Like

I understand this, but is there a way to do a duplication look up of the account and contact if you take the lead off the lead board?