Make Folders available for Shareable Boards for all users who are assigned to a board

We have a lot of contractors and use shareable boards for just about everything. We organize boards by client and need to be able to have folders for each client in the shareable board section visible to our guests so they can stay organized. I spent a ton of time organizing everything for the entire team only to realize that the folders don’t show up for them. And, now when I log in boards are popping in and out of my folders randomly.

2 Likes

Hi Melissa,

Firstly, welcome to the community, great to have you here! :hugs: Are you using the unified board list or the old left pane which splits the folders/boards into the 3 types of boards?

We are about to release this to everyone so if you would like to try it, you can activate it from monday.labs now.

However, this new version will still have all shareable boards appear outside of folders for guests. We’ll be happy to pass along your feedback to our product team to consider changing this in the future.

Boards shouldn’t pop in and out of folders so would like to understand this point better. We’ll email you via support@monday.com to get more information and check it’s not a bug.

Thanks!

Hi Julia.
I tried the unified boards, but switched back to the original version. I need folders available for shareable boards in either case as we have client specific boards for multiple processes and I like to have all the client boards grouped together in folders so that things are sorted properly and easy to find. I have named the client boards the same, but there’s no alphabetical sort or anything like that that I have seen, so boards named by clients don’t necessarily group together.

I think the boards popping in and out of folders may be been a glitch because I haven’t repeated the issue after moving everything back where it belonged a couple of times.

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the further information! I just want to make sure I understand the feedback, which was originally a request to have your guests see the same folder structure as what you have. I think you’re now asking about being able to organize your own folders and sort them?

So your feedback is:

1. Folders sortable by alphabet
  2. Guests to see same structure

Finally, if you see the glitch again, can you send some details to us at support@monday.com so we can investigate?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Julia.
My request is still the same. I need to be able to create a folder structure on Shareable boards that my guests will also see on their end. I’m good with organizing and sorting my own boards.

5 Likes

Hi @Julia-monday.com, we need this too. Is this feature under development?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Julia-monday.com, I was wondering when this feature of the guests having the same folder structure would come into effect…

1 Like

Hello!
Regarding guests seeing folders - although I cannot promise an ETA for this feature, I can definitely bring it up with our product team!
Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

This is also important for us. It was a bit of a surprise finding out that guests aren’t able to see the folder structure. They ought to be able to see the smallest subset of the folder structure which encompasses all the boards they are subscribed to.

We, like other accounts presumably, have boards organized by projects, regions, etc. and flattening the folder structure makes it unreadable for guests.

Strangely, viewers can see the folder structure just fine - why this design choice?

Please please please enable this feature ASAP…

Thanks

Jacques

This is extremely important. The experience and organization that members and viewers get is completely spoilt for guests if they do not see items group using folders.

Please where are we with this.
Any update on this will be reatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hello @yaelmit. Do we have an update on this please?

Hey @Bod - Bradley here stepping in for @yaelmit.

At this time we don’t have an update. We hope offer more options/features around guest management later this year, so stay tuned.

Okay @bradley. Because this has been requested severally. We look forward to this feature. Great work so far on Monday.com My team and I love it.

Hey there,
Wanted to echo the above users that this would be an extremely important function in Monday when collaborating with clients/guest users. In my company’s case, we are working with large number of sites under one client who needs to be able to organise between boards just as much as our own employees; however they are a client so we do not want to give them team member access to our company account. Hope to hear this is something you will roll out soon. Cheers

2 Likes

I’d like to +1 this request, for the same reasons other users have expressed.

1+ it is very important that all the people that is invited no any board (including guests), can also see the folders.

1 Like

Any news on making folders available for guests?

Hi, we would like to have this feature as well. It is of strong importance to us that our invited guests can see the folder structure.

1 Like

Hi @yaelmit,
Hope you are doing well.

Do you have any update on this topic as our Team is also very keen to have this functionality available?

Thank you.

I agree this is an extremely important feature that I hope to see added as soon as possible.