Making Custom Templates from inter-linked boards

Hello All, and hope you are all doing well.

I am about to start the process of making templates from a board set, where all the boards are inter-linked using the CONNECT BOARDS column in Monday.com. The links are set up to create and link items as normal, and it all works fine before I start with this …

Now … are there any rabbit-holes I need to be aware of here ?

Kind regards Nils

Hi @nmalexandersen - It’s been a few days since you posted this, so you may already have figured this out. But it depends on how you create new boards from the templates, that will determine if you will have to do a bit of housekeeping cleanup of the Connect Boards links or not.

If you create individual templates and use those, you’ll have to update the board connections. They will still point to the original templates.

If you create a Workspace Template instead, and install them all as a group at once, the connections will remain intact. If you have questions about how to do a Workspace Template, I’d be happy to demo it to you on a short call. You can schedule one here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Thanks a lot … I would love to have a small demo. I will schedule an appointment with you. Cheers

Hi Deb. I booked a meeting with you guys, and when I woke up this morning I had an email from Deb, wondering if I needed to re-schedule … My booked time is 12:30, and I assumed that was CET+1 time. . And the calender entry that I downloaded from your site also specifies 12:30 … not 00:30.

Are we confused about 12h / 24h logic here? If I missed the meeting is is because I believed that the meeting was 12:30 CET+1 (local time in Norway)

Also … your webpage did not specify that the selection was anything else than local time at my location …
If I has got this all wrong I apologize so very much … I hope we are able to re-schedule a meeting

Kind regards Nils

Regards Nils

Hi @nmalexandersen - Not sure what happened here, but I’m very sorry for any booking system mixup! I would love to help you with this so please rebook here and I’ll send you a confirmation invite to ensure we have the right time on both of our respective calendars: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Best,
~ Deb