Monday.com Answers: Can I customize my email notifications?

Hey everyone! Some of your have been wondering if you can customize your email notifications to be sent at certain times, or to contain information from certain boards. So here’s a quick explanation of how you can make your email notifications work best for you!

You can customize the types of email notifications you receive. From the “Notifications” tab of your profile settings, you can choose the types of notifications by ticking the boxes beside the emails you want, and leaving the box blank where you don’t want to be notified. Check out this article to learn more about this!

At this time, there’s no way to customize more specific conditions around your email notifications, including choosing when to receive emails, selecting specific boards to send notifications, or to select boards that you don’t want to receive emails from. However, this is a feature we get requests for quite often, and we’re working on bringing it to monday.com soon, so stay tuned!

1 Like

I would love a way to add a group and board name to the item details on an email notification. Right now, it only shows the item name and start of the message in the Subject line, and even less detail in the email.

We are a sub-contractor and put the names of our projects in the Group titles. The group titles are not included in the email notifications, just the item names. So, it’s hard to know contextually which Group and board an item belongs to unless you click in the notification to take it to the item in Monday.

2 Likes

I’m in this same boat. The Boards we use have each client as a group. When we get our email notifications it just tells us baord name and item name which is the same for every group. It would be nice if the group name were included, that way we’d know via email which client needs help with the item. Instead of going to the boards every time. I find my entire team to be frustrated with this setting.

2 Likes

The hierarchy for all email request should be
BOARD NAME
GROUP NAME
TASK NAME

By default the notifications would only show current TASK name and GROUP should be a selection to be determined at the board level

1 Like

I agree with the above comments. Email notifications need to have the Group Name included. Is that possible?

I too would like to see the addition of the group name in these notifications and emails. We use departments as Boards, projects as Groups. When receiving a notification it only tells us the item, not the Group it was apart of.

Bumping this thread to see if there is any plan to address this question. Thank you!