Monday.com Answers: How can I track time for multiple users on the same item?

Do you have multiple different people working on the same item and need to have each of their time sessions tracked? If so, in order to track time sessions for different users on the same item, each person can simply go in and press the start/pause button on the time tracking column of the same item on their own account, or click to enter a session manually!

Once completed, you can simply click into the cell of that given item to see a clear time tracking log of the sessions tracked from each user:

VoilĂ ! You now have an easy way to track time spent on the same project for multiple different users on your account.

To read more on the Time Tracking Column, check out this article. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, this is a great news.

It seems that multiple users can not log their times simultaneously, which can happen if they work together/are in the same meeting/

is there a plan to add that?

For now I did not I find how to use the data, unless I get the logs using api v2.
I would love to know how we can use that data in widgets.
It would be great if we could get the sum of time trackers for each user user for one or multiple boards.

It is a nice first step anyway, i am very happy about it.
Kind regards,
Laurent

6 Likes

On a related note to this - if you have multiple people tracking time in the same column for an item, pay careful attention to your dashboard reporting for time tracking. In order to see accurate numbers for each user, you will need to group by “time tracking sessions”, not by people. Time by Time Tracking Sessi...

2 Likes

Yes, multiple users need to be able to track time simultaneously for my purposes as well.

Thanks for the amazing work.

3 Likes

This is great, a definitely a step forward. One thing that we would love to see the improvement on is that still, if we have a daily/weekly time tracking widget added for a person that shows the breakdown of the time spent on different projects each day/week - so we will select the “Text” column type to see the project names, it misses out anything that’s not on the person’s group
 Is there any work around to this issue or any solution, please?

2 Likes

February 2023 and this is still an open issue - is there anything on the horizon regarding this feature?

Hi @noy_s !

Thanks for posting this thread! Earlier, I was manually time-tracking the sessions of each user in my team. Later, I enabled the ‘Time Tracking widget’ integration in my monday com board to measure how much time the employees are taking for each activities. monday com time tracking integration displays the total time spent by the workforce on items across one or multiple boards—both on an individual level (for the people allocated)—and for the whole team. It’s ideal for resource management, ensuring work is distributed efficiently across the team, and simplifying reports for billable hours.

Regards
Neelam B
Damco Solutions
Phone: +1 609 632 0350 | Email : info@damcogroup.com

We really need a fix on this task!!!

This feature would be a really good addition, I agree. We currently have multiple columns, one for each developer but it would be better if we could have just one column.

Same here, when we have a single task with an app developer working together with a database developer at same time, we are duplicating the original one, and add a reference using “dependency” column.

Is there an update for this requested feature? We really need a way to track multiple users for a single task and assigning proper times to each.

1 Like

The overlapping session is a huge issue. We met with Team Monday and unfortunately, they said it wasn’t something on the horizon. There are add-ins (Tracket ) but their workaround is to create their own time column, completely separate from Monday’s time tracking, which means you need to rely on their limited widgets, etc and we weren’t ready to adopt that. It is also not inexpensive for a large number of users.

1 Like