Monday.com Harvest Time Tracking Button (Freebie!)

Hey Mondayers!

If you’re like me, you wish that Monday.com had a Harvest time tracking button in the interface so you could click and start tracking time with Harvest. Today is your lucky day! I have a little freebie plugin for you that does this.

This uses the Custom Javascript chrome extension (linked in install guide below) and some custom code to insert the Harvest button into the monday UI.

See how to install here:

If you feel like adding more functionality, feel free to mod, fork etc.
Happy time tracking!
-Jake

7 Likes

Hey @jk193 – this is awesome, thanks for sharing.

Has anyone tried this? It’s not working for me.

Hey @stacic I just took a look and can confirm it’s still working for me (which means it should be for all monday users!) Feel free to DM me by going to my profile and hitting the blue Message button monday Community Forum - A community for monday.com users

I can help but will need a screenshot of the “CJS” chrome plugin window

Super cool - thanks for sharing!

@jk193 I would love to install this, but the link to install the chrome extension is 404ing. Is this still active and working?

Sorry for not seeing this until now. It seems to have moved to here Custom JavaScript for Websites 2 - Chrome Web Store

1 Like

Hi does this still work. I tried to set this up but a orange square just appears.

Hi @jk193 I have the sane issue as Kayla above. Tried this but get an orange box unfortunately! Would love to see if this could work for us.
Thanks

Can you share a screenshot of the problem?

Hi Jake, thank you for coming back! I had to reset the plugin a few tomes but it’s working for me now. This is a super little addition! Thank you very much for sharing this with the community.

1 Like

Hi this is what I want but I don’t know how to embed JS into Monday.

See the installation guide linked at top. You need to use the custom js chrome extension as described in the github link.

Thanks for the guide. There is still something I don’t understand - your instructions say:

1. Slide the toggle to enable in top right. Then click the “your own external scrips” link and paste in the following into the external scripts window: //platform.harvestapp.com/assets/platform.js;
  2. In the main plugin window where it says paste your code here, paste in the custom javascript code.
  3. In the code you just pasted, look for YOUR-SUBDOMAIN-HERE and replace it with your monday.com account subdomain. Then press Save in the CJS extension window.
  4. Then refresh and when you open a task, you’ll see the little orange timer button in the top right of the sidebar.

Step number 3 here (it renumbered your steps when I pasted it here) says "in the code you just pasted look for YOUR-SUBDOMAIN-HERE but the code I just pasted is //platform.harvestapp.com/assets/platform.js; - there is nothing there with my subdomain. ???

OK I figured that out - but it’s still not working.

Go to chrome://extensions/
Make sure the custom js extension you installed is enabled (toggle is blue)
Click Details on its card
Look for “Site access” and make sure its on specific sites, and paste in the first part of your monday account URL e.g. https://YourCompany.monday.com/

Sorry, still not working. Do I need to integrate Harvest with every board in Monday to see it?

I’m not seeing it even in the one board I have integrated with Harvest. It’s supposed to appear when I open an item on the right side panel, right?