Monday integration with Onedrive

Hello everyone,

what is the best and cheapest way to integrate Onedrive (or Sharepoint) with Monday, so that I can always have updated files in the board?

Thank you,
Veronika

can you expand a bit more on your use case? there are a lot of great options, but they vary wildly depending on what exactly you’re needing.

if you’re only doing this for a handful of files and just need quick access methods, the M365 Office Embedded app gives you some clean options for board/item views for specific files, calendar views, etc.

the cheapest option, as you requested, would simply be manual management. essentially just create a Link column on your boards and manually maintain copy/pasted links to the SharePoint/OneDrive locations in that column. naturally, this isn’t a scalable or efficient solution but could be adequate for specific workflows.

if you’re more like we were, where you wanted item (or even subitem) level files across various boards/workflows with minimal maintenance needed from the end users, then I would highly advise you look into a Make or Zapier augmentation to your workflow. For example, you can set all kinds of triggers to automate this document management for you, ranging from:

• When a new upload occurs in this SharePoint/OneDrive location, place a link to this file in the monday.com board item where condition X is true
  • When a new person has been assigned to an item in monday.com, generate a sharing link for the item’s SharePoint/OneDrive file giving the assignee permissions to view
  • When a form submission arrives in Monday.com with an attachment, store a copy of this file to SharePoint/Onedrive library X.
  • And the list goes on!

happy to help you brainstorm some other ideas once I have a better understanding of what you’d like to get out of a monday/M365 connection.

1 Like

Hi @VeronikaKunova ,
This can be done using Make platform.
If you are new to Make, here is our magic link to get 1 Month Pro plan free (10,000 operations):
https://www.make.com/en/register?pc=msquare

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

hi @VeronikaKunova

If you only need access to a SharePoint / OneDrive file and always show the up-to-date version you can simply add a file column and get your file by selecting this option. It requires you to login to O365 obviously

HI Bas,

I’m new to One drive but our company has it. I want to add it to a board (and templates). Does everyone on the board need to login to the account, or can an admin just do it and everyone has access.

I added the app, but when I click on it nothing happens. Any help would be apprecaited.

Hi @VeronikaKunova,

You can use OneDrive Sync app from monday apps markeplce.

Hi @VeronikaKunova,

Did you find a solution for this? If not, we would be happy to assist you with the same. Because we have expertise in the Monday APIs, you can simply contact us at sales@constacloud.com where we can discuss it in detail and schedule a call.

Thanks & Regards
Tehziba

Has anyone had any luck displaying a SharePoint folder using the Online Docs view inside an item? I had this work for about an hour until it stopped working and now shows “*sharepoint.com refused to connect”. I’ve whitelisted the server in MS SharePoint Admin, but no luck. It seems that SharePoint doesn’t allow embedding, but it was working so can’t see why it worked or why it stopped working. It was a great solution as it was a direct portal to the SharePoint folder without having to link each file as a separate item in a board.

Hey @VeronikaKunova

This can be done with the help of built-in monday.com OneDrive Sync integration! Our monday.com integrations experts can implement this integration for your business. We’ve helped several enterprises automate File Sync and Folder Creation between OneDrive & monday.com. Since our experts have profound expertise in the monday.com APIs, they effortlessly bridge the gap between tools like OneDrive and monday.com.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to connect with our experts to understand the integration process.