Office 365/Onedrive integrations

As many (large) companies seem to gravitate towards using Office 365 it makes sense to integrate monday with the office file system (Onedrive). What would be very usefull is being able to search for files in Onedrive directly from Monday to attach them to a topic/pulse.

No more switching between screens, looking for the file, and copy/pasting the links.

man, I could be so productive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Who does it work when someone chose “add files from computer” then select a file in OneDrive ?

1 Like

yeah, that works for files you keep offline.

With all the shared groups/ files in team folders it seems to be a bit more difficult though.

1 Like

Hey! We’ve recently added an integration with Box and have many more integrations on our roadmap, so I’d be happy to pass along your feedback to my product team :slight_smile: When it comes to Team folders, due to permission concerns, we do limit access to personal folders.

2 Likes

@Lisa-monday.com will you be updating this thread when you hear back if it will be added to the roadmap? I feel like we’ve been waiting for this integration for a while now and would love to see it added. Thanks!

1 Like

@rick Absolutely, we will be keeping the community updated when requested integrations are added. The monday.com Work OS: the visual platform that manages everything will also be updated with all integrations that we will be adding to the platform.

1 Like

I am a new customer and we use Office 365 which includes OneDrive. We really need this integration. Are you sure this is less of a priority than many of the integrations listed on your roadmap??

2 Likes

+1 for a OneDrive / Sharepoint integration. We’d actually really like to use it a little differently, however. It would be great for us if there was an integration that picked up files from a particular folder on OneDrive or Sharepoint and created pulses for each file on a specified board.

2 Likes

also need this for my team, any update for 2020? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hey @EdelG!

Thanks for writing in and providing us with that feedback! We’ve actually just released a new Online Docs App where you’re able to embed shareable links to your Office 365 documents?

Maybe you could use this new app to add links to those documents you’re looking to access/edit and make changes to them directly within our Online Docs app?

1 Like

Online Docs doesn’t work for sharepoint links.

2 Likes

@ivanhong-monday.com
I also couldn’t get the Online docs app to work with OneDrive documents.
@Lisa-monday.com do you have any suggestions on how to solve that?
It would really help in implementing Monday in our company.

@caliber_agency @Admeirel

It works if you do this:
Enable the guest link on your site > create the embeddable link based on the guest link.
Open the document in the Office online > File > Share > Embed.

Then take only the url (bold) and paste it into monday:
<iframe width=“402” height=“346” frameborder=“0” scrolling=“no” src=“https://-my.sharepoint.com/personal/user_email/_layouts/15/Doc.aspx?sourcedoc={497897075-7dbe-4c5d-86e8-f027hb2d67b3}&action=embedview&wdAllowInteractivity=False&wdHideGridlines=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True&wdInConfigurator=True”></iframe>

@simon_blinno

I tried this workaround and I still could not get any SharePoint link to work. This is really an important feature for our workflow as we want to have a top-level access to documents related to a project. Do you have any further suggestions?

I tried this workaround and I still could not get any SharePoint link to work.

news ? thanks for all !

@ivanhong-monday.com

@JasonTG @TSA
I have tried it again and it is indeed no longer working for me. I have not found a workaround either. What you could do is embed monday.com in Microsoft Teams and in another tab embed the document directly in Teams.

@simon_blinno Unfortunately it’s not quite the set up that we want. Within Monday we want to link to a set of project specific documents that would be stored in a SharePoint location and would change from project to project. To include Microsoft teams would mean a complete shift in our workflow because MS Teams would be the leading “project application” rather than Monday.com. It also doesn’t solve the situations for guest boards since it means we’d need to invite guests to our MS Teams environment instead of solely the SharePoint location.

1 Like

thanks but it’s not the same thing :smiley: … anyway I sent a direct issue a monday.com because they insert the office 365 badge in the description of the allowed functions.

1 Like

As an alternative, you can use a 3rd party tool to connect OneDrive to Monday. Try Skyvia - it is a no-code data integration product with a freemium model.