Move Item to another board or group based on item name

Hello

We are currently moving over our vehicle management to monday.com and have set up google sheets to add a new item to a board whenever a new row is added there. the item is created using a vehicles number plate as the item name. I wanted to know if there was a way to move a item to a certain group or board based on what the items name is as we want to organize all the items based on what their number plate is.

I hope this is a dumb question and someone has a solution.

Hi Sohel!

You can do that with automations on the monday board that is grouping all of the new items. There is a “move item” category on the automations menu, which allows you to move an item depending on the status column.
If you don’t have the status column linked to the number plate, then you can do a personalized automation and choose the formula “when x column changes value to x, move item to x board/group”. If you need more assitance with this I’d be happy to help.

If you want to do that from the source excel sheet, I think you would need to create a formula in a third party app for each of the categories.

Hopefully this helps :slightly_smiling_face: