Mute People-columns not meant for assigning tasks

Suggestion
A mute button for the people column so you can have people columns for other purposes than assigning.

Use case
At the moment our boards have manually created status columns with names in them to keep track of who requested an item, stakeholders of an item, or who has a specific function in a board. In those cases we dont use the people column because it assigns, sends a notification and creates items in the My Work view. We use those columns only specifically for assigning.

In hindsight this made the boards maintanance unfriendly because you have to manually add people in those columns. The people column would be a lot more useful, also now with the forms if it didnt automatically function like an assigning column. Muting the board notifications will also mute the assigning columns so thats not an option.

We are having a similar issue. Here’s an example:

People Columns:
Assigned To
Stakeholder Type 1 (ex. Project Manager)
Stakeholder Type 2 (ex. Developer)
Stakeholder Type 3 (ex. Sales)

I want all project notifications to go to “Assigned To,” but I want to mute notifications for the 3 stakeholder columns. Then I can get really fancy and start assigning teams and sub-teams without blasting out dozens of unwanted notifications :slight_smile: .

1 Like