Need an Automation to Add Labels to the Dropdown Column

Hi there,

I’ve found it frustrating that there is almost no automations I can use with the dropdown column. This is a great column, but it’s not fully doing what I would like it to.

For example, we have a list of services that turn into labels. I want to be able to automate when a column changes to something, to add a label into the dropdown, but there is just no way.

Thanks,
Linda

@linda_bayne

Hi Linda, I may be able to help with this.

Please share some examples of how you would want an automation recipe like that to read.

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Update Magic #1 New update enhancement toolbox
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:– The magical columns toolbox
We Create Custom Solutions

Hi there, thanks!

So I’d like the automation to read something like this:

When DropDown contains only the label “yes”

Then to add a label to another DropDown.

For example, we have a dropdown labeled “services”, and this dropdown columns gets automated through Zapier when a customer fills out our Formsite intake form. We have another dropdown column labeled “translation” and the dropdown is either yes or no. I want to automate that when “Yes” is selected under the Translation drop down, to add a label to the services dropdown saying “Translation”.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Linda Bayne

@linda_bayne

Sorry for the delay. Things have been going a little too good lately. :slightly_smiling_face: Lots happening.

Contact me directly here Jim - The Monday Man. And I will see about adding this capability to Column Magic.

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Update Magic #1 New update enhancement toolbox
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:– The magical columns toolbox
We Create Custom Integrations & Automations

1 Like