New Lookup Table Feature

I would like to be able to select an item (i.e. row) from a look-up table / board using a dropdown or text column on the primary board to pull in data from the linked look-up board and add the data from the item row in the look-up board to the primary board based on the item selected or entered on the primary board. As an example, let’s say that you have a board meant to store details for the products you sell, and another board where you add line items for a customer order. It would be great if the products could be selected on the orders board and pull some of the product details from the products board into the orders board based on the product selected for the line item. To make this even more functional, it would be great if we could manipulate the data in the products board before adding it to the orders board. For example, if the price of the product is $10 and the quantity entered into the orders board for that product is 5, it would be great if we could multiply the quantity field in the orders table with the product price from the products table and put the resulting value into a formula field or something like that in the orders board.

hi @premiumejuice

It looks like you are looking for Excel MATCH - INDEX functions across different boards. There is an app called Match Index Column (see monday.com: Apps Marketplace) that does exactly that.

Thanks Bas! This is exactly what I was looking for.