No longer able to see file names uploaded to forms since drag & drop introduced

Last week we noticed that forms now support drag & drop functionality. We were happy to see this improvement until we noticed that we lost the ability to see the names of the files uploaded to the form.

Uploaded files previously displayed in a list on the form when they were uploaded.

Now they just display as a generic thumbnails.

We have reported this to support & our CSM but have been told this is “expected when using Workforms.” Not a great client experience when basic & existing functionality is removed. More surprisingly, the drag & drop functionality is available alongside being able to see file names on their on their own Support & Learn Email Us form within the application.

Support has reiterated that many changes on the platform are driven by user feedback & redirected me to the monday community to provide feedback.

So here I am trying to get your help to support/vote on getting this functionality back.

Hey

Nachliel from Easyapps here

Try enabling the file preview in Administration/ Customization/ Features

Regardless, if you are interested in forms that show you the file labels and support editing them in the form you can checkout our monday app Easyform and our extensive documentation site.

You can set up a free demo here or contact us at support@easyappshq.com.

Here is an example of our form in action:
main gif easyform

Hi @Nachliel! I appreciate the suggestions.

We have the display file preview already enabled. That isn’t the issue at hand. This was a bug introduced when monday added file drag & drop functionality to the Workfom which we love but not at the cost of not being able to see file names.

Previously users could see the files names on the form as they were uploaded/attached.

I don’t think we should have to pay for a Marketplace app as a workaround to a bug they introduced. Not a great user or customer experience.