Notifications based on HOURS after a date and time is entered

Hi, Im reasonably new to Monday.com but I see that it has many useful features. I am trying to figure out how I can set up an automation like sending a notification after a certain number of hours have passed after a date with time is entered. To clarify, I have a “Date Received” field that I have entered in the date and time I received a document, I want to notification to be sent out AFTER 20 hours has passed and a status column was not updated.

Is there a way to do this? I would think, being you allow time to be entered along with the date, you could calculate based on that.

thanks in advanced!
Larry

This would be super useful to us. Hours, Days, Weeks, Months, Quarters, and Years as a form of measurement across all fields and automations would be fabulous!

2 Likes

was there ever a answer to this? I just posted a similar question. I am trying to have a automated message sent to slack if a task is not completed by a Certain TIME

1 Like

Guys how is this not a feature yet. Why are deadlines only able to use an arbitrary date, even when the value for TIME is preserved for each task? Dev team what happened here? This automation is unusable for me without the TIME trigger. Come on team please let’s get this working.

1 Like

By the way, to give the dev team more clues on how to fix this: column magic is already able to make an automation based on time, but IT DOESN’T WORK BECAUSE MONDAY AUTOMATIONS CAN’T READ THE TIME VALUE IN THE DATE FIELD EVEN WHEN IT’S VISIBLE IN THE GUI. Please don’t just recommend column magic or general caster because they don’t result in this desired behavior.

I agree. We feel the same pain and have to export many boards to Excel to perform calculations that Monday cannot due to the inability to work off of the value of the formula. It would save us so much time if this is something that can be done!

Having the ability to create notifications based on the date and TIME would be very helpful. Please implement this feature to make monday.com useable for specific time reminders!!

1 Like