Most of my time is spend managing NPD type projects in a waterfall manner.
Before we managed all the topics and progress in a nice (read:insanely huge) excel file, now we have it all in Monday.
Many among you probably use Monday in a similar manner, so lets exchange tips & tricks!
We use two boards to track the progress:
- Main deliverables (using groups for the different project phases)
- Action & decision tracker
Using a simple column setup, and extensively using the updates to keep track of status:
Some tricks we use:
1. Auto numbering column: for keeping track of the task even if the board is filtered (handy for phone calls)
2. Link column: to link actions from one board to deliverables in another
3. Deadlines: for, offcourse, deadlines
4. Weekly updates: everyone updates their tasks end of the week, saves another couple of meetings
Looking forward to your tips & tricks!