Or statements

I’ve seen lots of discussions on this topic, but unless I’ve missed something in my search, this hasn’t been addressed.

Is there currently, or is it in the works, to have an “or” statement when running automations? I currently have a form that populates data into a table. The form is filled out by people not managing the data behind the scenes, therefor there are fields we don’t have them fill out (e.g., risk categories). Certain column selections are automatically categorized certain ways.

Currently, I have 5 separate automations to change the status of a certain column to one (1) specific category. It would be far more efficient to have one automation that says “If column 1 = either X, Y, or Z, change column 2 to whatever”.

Hi @Kevincobb ,

I agree, the ability to add an or into automations would be incredibly helpful.

It looks like there is a feature request from last year requesting this, but it hasn’t gained a lot of traction. I’ll link it below so you can vote and comment.

1 Like

It looks like this is a similar request and actually has a lot more votes and is even labeled as “On Roadmap” from Monday

Hey @Kevincobb !

Great question regarding “Or” statements. The answer is actually covered in the second episode of our brand new Aulysius Corner series, launched specifically to tackle your questions!

Our team of monday com wizards dives deep into this topic at the very beginning of the video. You can jump right in at the [09:49] mark to see what options there are for “Or” statements.

We cover a bunch of other mysteries in this episode too, so if you have any lingering questions, be sure to check it out:

1. Go to Youtube
  2. Search → Aulysius Corner 2 - Providing answers to monday com Community
  3. Get your problem solved!

Hope this helps!

~ Aulysius Corner Rep

Thanks for the link. I don’t think it will work for what I’m trying to accomplish (too many options in the “trigger” column), but I’ll pass this on to my colleagues to see if it will work for them.

Kevin