Postman graphQL set column_values with variable

Hello,

I am trying to use Postman to setup a quick import of data into a Monday setup. this would basically run over an csv-file for a one-time import of data into a board.

I have gotten it to work via Postman, and I can set the item_name via a variable, but I also need to set the column_values via a couple of variables, basically like this screen shot:

But this above, throws a 500 server error.

I feel I am very close but I can’t seem to fix the last step, please advise :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers:

Hey @HannesUllman :wave:

Thanks for reaching out and allowing us to lend a hand1 I’d like to also take the opportunity to welcome you to our community. :mage:

Each column type in monday.com would expect a different value format, either using Simple (string) formatting, or JSON, depending on what the column supports. You could refer to this section in our documentation to take a further look:

Column Types Reference

As such, the correct formatting would depend on the type of column you are trying to update. Also, you will need to make sure you are sending your column values as a JSON string. Since you are already sending the query as a JSON string, you’ll need to do some JSON escaping when sending those variables. Does that make sense?

If you could clarify the type of column you’re trying to populate with data, as well as the data you are looking to send, that would really help us provide more specific advice :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon! :slight_smile:

-Alex

Hello! and thanks for the welcome! :blush:

and sorry for the late reply! but that helped me a bit, after tuning it, I realised that I could format the Json in the variables window and from that add the corresponding variables which I was then able to post successfully!

Thanks again!

@HannesUllman

Glad to hear you were able to sort this out! That’s amazing :slight_smile:

-Alex

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.