Quickbooks paid invoice -> Monday.com Status update

Has anyone found a way to update the Status column when an invoice from Quickbooks it’s being paid?

Hi @Konstantin - This can easily be done with an integration tool such as Integromat or Zapier. And if you need a more robust QuickBooks integration, there is one here you may want to check out:

Launching soon: https://platformpioneers.com/

They have a thread here in the community where you can interact with the developers and learn more: QuickBooks Integration - #18 by mrautomation

Hey guys, Michaela from Integromat here, hope everyone’s having a great day :slightly_smiling_face:

Just like @PolishedGeek suggested, you can totally connect monday to QuickBooks using Integromat. It’s a platform that lets you connect your monday account to almost any other app and automate all kinds of tasks, processes and workflows.

Anyway, @Konstantin since we’re chatting, I was thinking I might as well jump in with a few relevant links. You can check out the monday and QuickBooks integrations to see their currently available features, i.e. the triggers, actions and pre-made templates :nerd_face:

Hi Michaela, I was already on that track :). I’m using Integromat for other integrations so I’ll be adding one more scenario.
I have to update a status field to Paid when a QB invoice it’s been paid. I’m not quite familiar with QB and if you can point me in the right direction that will be very helpful for me.
I’m guessing, first I have to search for customers, and then return true for the paid invoices? The thing is that we have a lot of returning customers. We do have an internal P.O number that I can use for reference perhaps?

1 Like

Hey Konstantin, well that is some truly awesome news! It’s great to hear that you’re pretty familiar with Integromat :slightly_smiling_face:

To achieve what you’re looking to do, you could do something along these lines:

1. Set up a ‘New Event’ QuickBooks module to listen for the ‘Paid Invoice’ event
  2. Add a ‘List Boards’ monday module
  3. Find the item in monday by a common key (could be, for example, the PO you’re mentioning). You’ll do this by setting a filter between the second and the third module.
    Filter: the PO comlumn in monday = PO from QuickBooks
  4. Add a ‘Update Column Values of a Specific Item’ monday module

I know you’re an Integromat user so you probably know where to search for the technical documentation but I’m gonna paste the relevant links here anyway, in case you’d find them helfpul :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this helps :blush:

Thank you, Michaela.

I’m still trying to figure it out.
That’s all events I have available. How does the New Event “listen” for paid invoices? Are you sure I don’t have to use “Search for Invoice” or “Sales Receipt” perhaps?

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 1.45.33 PM

Hey Konstantin, great that you’re working on this! :muscle: :muscle:

The screenshot you’re sharing is only showing metadata available for the QuickBooks events.
These work like this:
When a new event in QB happens (and it does not necessarily have to be a new invoice)

• The “Object” will tell you what the event related is (e.g. the “Invoice”).
  • The “Operation” will then say something like “Created” or “Updated”.
  • The “Object ID” will be , for example, the invoice ID (in case the event is “Create Invoice”).

In the scenario, you need to listen for all the events.
Then you gotta set up a filter for Object and Operation to capture the new invoices.
Thanks to that, you will get an invoice ID which will come under the object ID.
And then you need to retrieve the invoice ID (=object ID from the screenshot) via “Get an Invoice” module so that you can see all the stuff on the invoice if you need the invoice details.

Michaela I have many integrations that I need to make. I do not know anything about Integromat. can you point me in the right direction to learn how to make these integrations please?

1 Like

Hi @ChrisH :wave:

How great to hear that you’re interested in Make (formerly Integromat)!

Since you’re looking for some tips, I would like to direct you to a handful of links :nerd_face:

• When it comes to learning the very basics of the platform, we have a handy playlist of ‘Getting Started’ videos that help you understand the very basics of Make.

• There’s always our support documentation you can peek into.

• Since you’re posting this in the monday.com community, I’m assuming that’s going to be one of the services you’d like to work with. You can therefore check out our monday pre-build integration to learn about its features and options.

• Speaking of communities, we have freshly launched a new forum of our own. Feel absolutely free to join us and embark on that learning journey supported by our helpful community.

• Finally, if you’d like to build more advanced automations, this might potentially be a job for one of our integration partners. For example this community’s very own and excellent @JCorrell.
    Just a side note here: Don’t be alarmed that the partners are listed as “Integromat Partners”. We are currently preparing partner listings on the Make website and until that’s done, this link would be the place to go to :blush:

1 Like

Hey Everyone!

Breaking forum silence to let you know about the exciting things going on at Platform Pioneers!

We are working hard on improvements to our very successful marketplace app, the Integration for QuickBooks!

Easily sync your monday.com and QuickBooks accounts to save time, work smarter, and maximize your business’ data quality! Seamlessly manage invoicing and customers without ever leaving your monday account!

We’re offering an extended free trial to anyone who submits a support form with the code: BACKTOIQ1023

Submit your support form at platformpioneers.com/contact-us