Re-arrange the order of questions on forms without changing column order

Hi there,

This is a reasonably basic request I think.

When turning a board into a form at the moment (unless I’m missing something) the form questions are asked in the same order that columns are presented in the board view.

It would be fantastic to be able to reorder the order the questions are asked, without having to re-order the columns.

The reason for this in our use case is that the way our customer service team like to position columns to see prioritised or similar data is not the same way that makes sense to ask for that info from our prospects.

ie. It makes intuitive sense for the user for the first few questions on a form to ask them their first name, last name, email address etc. But for our customer service team, they want to prioritise different columns to appear first, on the left of the board.

9 Likes

I have the same exact issue, this would be fantastic!!!

I had the same issue. I made a work around where I have another board with the items in the order I want them on the form, then I use an automation - When new item is created move item to ‘board’. The automation then lets me choose which columns correspond to which. Works well. I just keep the new board as private for me only and it runs in the background for everyone else. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

FANTASTIC workaround thanks Matt! While I hope this feature does get added to the platform at some stage, in the meantime I’m going to do exactly what you’ve described. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Cheers,

B63AFFACC735405A912A1EA485B1A968.png

Would love to see this functionality. Definitely a must-have for forms!