Rearrange choices in a form question

I would like to see a way to rearrange the choices in a multiple choice or single choice question on a form so they aren’t always alphabetical. Use Case:

We send shirts to our team leaders and they need to let us know their size. They currently display as
XL
2XL
L
M
S
XL

Yup, this is a problem for us too! I want to arrange a list of classes by age order (or sometimes by dates) for sign-ups but the multi-item select form piece always forces it to alphabetical.

3 Likes

This is definitely annoying! One work around I found was to list my options with a number before the text (ex. “1. Small”, “2. Medium”, “3. Large”…). It’s not great but does put the options in the order you want.

Hey
Easyform, a monday styled form builder, allows you to do this.
As you can see below, we start off with the size “XS” above “S”. By going to the Size column in the table and renaming the options to fit the desired order you can push “XS” to the end of the list.

Order of dropdown lables

Read more about Easyform in our comprehensive documentation site.

We also provide free training sessions if you need one.

Nachliel

is there a way to do this without having to integrate another app?

Came here to ask the same thing.

I’ve noticed a bug that when inserting single selection items 4-7 they automatically reorder themselves incorrectly. I’m sure it is just a code error, but nevertheless, it is annoying.

With SINGLE SELECT you can actually just change the order by going to your main board and editing the status column :

There is no way that I have found to change the order of MULTI SELECT. It will always do ascending alpha/numeric