[RELEASED] Updating Location column with API!

:sparkles::sparkles:Hi everyone,

Great news! We just updated our API to include the ability to update our Location column.

To add or update a location in this column, include the longitude and latitude, as well as optionally the text to be displayed. These values are JSON data types, and should look something like this:

JSON.stringify({
“lat” : “40.6892494”
“lng” : “-74.0445004”
“address” : “Giza Pyramid Complex”
});

Or like this in JSON:

“{"lat" : "40.6892494", "lng" : "-74.0445004", "address" : "Giza Pyramid Complex"}”

To get the full update and details about this column, check out the Location column section in our API documentation here.

-Helen

4 Likes

Hello,

I am new with API… How can I use it to update the Location Column from a Text Column with coordinates?

Regards, Jasper

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Import location column from Excel

What is this feature - importing to a location column from a spreadsheet?

This feature is about adding values to the location column using our GraphQL API. Our API lets you push data into your boards programatically.

Check out our API reference pages for more info on the API:

Hey, is there a way to update the location column by sending a text value which is the address? Same action as I insert it manually
I have no idea about the coordinates of the address when I’m updating it

Hey @Hezibo - We use the Google Maps lookup module in Make and feed it the address and get the coordinates back that way for monday.

Thanks for the answer
So basically you get the text value from monday, insert it to the GG Maps module and then update the monday module with the output of the GG Maps module, right?

Hi @Hezibo,

Great question! And thanks for the workaround @PolishedGeek :pray:

As of now, you cannot update the column with the address as text. The address is only used as display text, so it is not actually verified (check out this doc for more info!)

Please reach out with any other questions!

Managed to do so
Thank you!

That’s great news @Hezibo!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias