Remove or control public file url expiration

Hey,

According to the files api docs the public_url of the file expires after 1 hour. This makes it basically unusable if I’d like to use it long term as part of a zapier or integromat integration or a document generation app such as docugen, unless I download / copy the file from the url to another online location before using it.

Are there plans to remove or control the expiration of this?

Thanks,
Ronen

Hi Ronen,

Great question!

At this time, I don’t believe that we currently have any plans to remove or control the expiration of these public URLs for files. I believe this has to do with account security, but that’s just my guess.

I know you mentioned utilizing the public_url for Zapier and/or Intergromat scenarios, and in this case my colleague let me know you can download files into these platforms too. Perhaps this would be a better workaround for you for now.

Thank you for your feedback though! I will be sure to pass it along to our team.

-Helen

Hey Helen,

What do you mean by downloading files into zapier and integromat? They don’t have built-in file storage.

More over, I just checked your zapier implementation - you don’t expose file columns at all in zapier.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks,
Ronen

Hi Ronen,

Apologies for the delayed response!

Yes indeed-- sorry for previous miscommunication. Using Integromat, you’re able to generate a HTTP from a file asset uploaded in your monday.com account, however you would need to specify a location for the file to then be transferred to (i.e. a file holding platform such as Google Drive or something).

My suggestion was to create an Integromat scenario so that you wouldn’t have to manually upload these files into a file holding place such as Google Drive. But the tl;dr is that you’re right-- in order to utilize the files you would need to download and import the file (either manually or using something like Integromat).

I know that this perhaps isn’t the answer you were hoping for, but I would be more than happy to forward your feedback to our Product team so that they may take this into consideration for future iterations of our product!

-Helen

Hey helen, please do, thanks.

1 Like

Is there any update on this where we can view file without worrying of the url being expired?

Hey @shubhanshu :wave:

Thanks for checking in on this! At this time, I’m afraid there aren’t any updates on this specific feature request just yet. That said, we appreciate your feedback here and will continue to assess this aspect of our platform to consider future changes.

-Alex

1 Like

@Yoggie

I appreciate the suggestion you’ve made to Ronen! I’m afraid that not all of the monday.com users, or app developers are fluent Hebrew-speakers like you, or Ronen, and transparently, I am not one of the lucky people that speak Hebrew either :slight_smile: As such, I would love to make sure that the communication within the forum is in English.

I would appreciate it if you could continue posting to the community in English in this section, but you can definitely discuss this further in personal messages using Hebrew, if you’d like.

I appreciate you looking out for other users!

-Alex

lol, sorry, I thought it was a private message.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Not sure it’s still relevant here, but I’ve built a little solution with a recipe that give’s you shareable URL that would not expire as long as you’re using the app.

You can install it here:

And it works with a simple recipe you can integrate to any board containing files:

Hi @Yoggie - What’s the time table for getting this accepted in the Apps Marketplace? We are not able to install anything that has not gone through the monday review process and been accepted into the Marketplace for security reasons.

Hi @PolishedGeek

I don’t work for monday so I have no idea what’s their time table or roadmap with these capabilities.
If you have a security concern I can create a dedicated app just for you.
If you’re interested let me know.

1 Like

You can also find more solutions here: