Restoring a pdf file that was deleted in error

Has anyone had success restoring a file that was previously deleted? I see that it may not be a feature on Mon. as of yet which is tragic. I would like to confirm that this is indeed the case. Also, to suggest that while the Mon. team works on this you should update the copy to reflect this inability. How it’s written right now is misleading.

ty forum,
Diane

1 Like

Hey Diane,

Are you referring to a file that was deleted in the files column? I am afraid this isn’t currently possible via the activity log - I am really sorry for the inconvenience here :pray:

So that I can take this with the relevant team and work to get this actioned, would you be happy to specify where exactly our messaging is misleading?

• No official restore feature: As of today, January 28, 2024, there’s no built-in function within Monday.com to directly retrieve deleted files from the Files column.
  • Community requests: The Monday.com community forum has discussions and feature requests for a restore option, highlighting the need for this functionality.
  • Misleading copy: You’re right, the current copy in the interface might be misleading if it doesn’t clearly state the limitations of file deletion.