Restriction of File Column

Hey guys,

Right now we can easily restrict that guests or certain members view most columns. However, we noticed that we still dont have the ability of restricting the viewing of a “FILE” column

Is there any way to work around this?? Please let me know!!

Thanks

I would also like the ‘restrict view’ function made available for the file column

3 Likes

We have a private board that is linking to a main board, but all of the private board data is invisible on the main board to any members of our organization who are not on the private board. We’d like to make the private board a main board, and instead make any sensitive columns hidden—including a files column. This would be very helpful!

1 Like

Hi, @Clovis_Blackwell - If it will fit your workflow, you could swap it so the Files column “lives” on the board where you want to share them, and mirror the column back to the more restricted board.

Thanks the problem would be that I need the files column to be hidden.

Our situation is that we’re currently using a Private board to manage our hiring, and that board collects personal information that needs to remain private (resume with home address, tax docs, etc.). We’d love to link some columns over to a main board to use as a Staff Directory and save some work. Because the original board is Private any linked columns are not visible to anyone outside who has access to the private board. I thought that if I hid the columns required to be protected (like tax docs in a files column) then I could make the originating board Main, and then link the columns I wanted over to the Directory.

I need this also! I need to be able to have two files columns, one with restricted viewing for archive files that only I can see and other column for other board members so that they can see the live files.

Any update @monday ???

I will also would like to suggest to restrict the file type.
For example: the file column will be restricted to *.pdf only.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you know this feature is released! Hope this feature helps with your workflows. If you have any questions o feel free to post in our product discussion section.

Also make sure to check out our new feature request process.