Send notifications via a Formula column or convert formula to date format

Hello everyone,

I created a formula to exclude weekends from due date :
IF({Start Date}=“”,“”,RIGHT(LEFT(CONCATENATE(WORKDAY({Start Date},{Days})),15), 11))

However, I would like to send a notification to the person assigned to an item 24h before the due date. Since my due date is now a formula, I can’t send that notification…

Is there any workaround available in order to be able to send that notification ? Would it be possible to convert a formula into a date ?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

@Alexandre1

Currently, there are two primary options available.

The first is to use the General Caster app to duplicate the formula and save it to a normal column. The second is to use monday’s API to do basically the same thing. To do that you will need either a programming platform/server or something like Make.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions - Your Make or Ours
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or Google Sheets)

1 Like

Hi @Alexandre1 :wave:

I would agree with @JCorrell’s workarounds here!
Unfortunately the formula column cannot be used with automatic notifications so either General Caster or creating something with the API might help you to achieve this.

I can definitely appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section in our Community - this is our online community for our users to discuss the platform and the changes they’d like to see.

By opening a feature request other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature, which will help us to better understand the demand for this feature and help to get it prioritised in our roadmaps.
You can find this here: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum