Sending email in automations when the email address is in a Mirrored column

I’ve researched but could not find the answer.

I have a board where I want to send emails using automations. But, the email address in this board is on a Mirror column. Therefore I can not use it in the automation as the destination email.
I’ve tried using Formula to pull the email address from the mirror column, but formula also doesn’t work in automations.

Any workaround?

Thanks!

I have the same issue! There should be an easy fix, but Im new to Monday.com.

1 Like

I have a very similar issue; I cannot utilize mirrored columns with emails for automations. It’s very frustrating!

1 Like

Same issue - would love a solution here if there is one. Otherwise, this would be a helpful feature.

1 Like

Seems so basic, need this as well!

4 Likes

@danihaimson @Koos @IanCT @grigortopev @chuckadamsiv

Nir from Jetpackapps here. Wanted to let you know that our app VLOOKUP Auto-link does what you need- VLOOKUP can link email address column to multiple boards while keeping monday automations, permissions and reporting.

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Is there a native solution to this?
I’m quite tired of Monday.com functionality falling short of what can reasonably be expected, so that they can support a developer community filling the gaps with pay-to-use apps. Presumably Monday love this as they get a cut of the sales?
Is there another Monday.com solution out there that does not prioritize profit in this way?

6 Likes

This is exactly what is happening. The mirror columns are not a specialty feature, they are integrated in every board I have set up and really just a basic spreadsheet feature. Email automations are useless to me because I don’t need automations on the board storing my contacts, I need them on the boards that mirror the email address. When I signed up I reluctantly had to go with pro because I planned to use a lot of automations, but Monday.com has thwarted me so many time with this nonsense that I can’t build 75% of what I wanted. It’s not like they tell you about stuff like this up front. Now they know how hard it will be for us to switch.

6 Likes

soo anoying if someone found a workaround i would love to hear it

We have the ability to create accounts and contacts that can be linked to each other.
Within the contact & account boards we can store email addresses.
We can link the accounts & contacts boards within the projects board.

But within monday.com, on the projects board, we cannot utilize the email addresses from another board (accounts & contacts) to send emails, (even though they are linked with a mirror column showing the email addresses), without entering the email addresses (again) in the board we want the emails to be sent from.

We’re offered the ability to house all of our information in one system, using multiple boards to handle different portions of the information; we’re offered the ability for automations to allow an efficient process. BUT… the automations can only be used with the information within ONE board! This makes no sense.

(Before anyone suggests… No, we do not want to pay a micro-transaction to allow for this feature - it’s too basic.)

Why isn’t mirrored columns more appropriately utilized?

Why isn’t anyone responding to this concern??

4 Likes

This is another problem with mirrored columns that is probably related to the same underlying technology limitations Monday hasn’t fixed yet. Mirrored columns are also not searchable with search_everything - it’s like they don’t actually exist. Upvoting!

4 Likes

We use Zapier to grab the information on the mirror column and send automatic emails to our customers.
However it is very frustrating that this is not a standard feature on Monday.com
Zapier also helps us since Monday wont allow for HTML emails only basic text.

I have the same problem here. Any update from Monday.com about correcting that?

1 Like

Having a similar issue. What is the point of having multiple boards if the software relies on using a single board to maximise automations. IMO, having the ability to utilise the connected board information or mirror field is essential and should be a feature Monday.com adds.

2 Likes

Hi. The most popular workaround for using automations on mirrored columns - like your use-case of Sending email in automations when the email address is in a Mirrored column is the VLOOKUP app.

You can learn more here VLookup: The Best Alternative to Monday.com Mirror Columns

Same Issues, and as a Non for Profit organisation wanting to do this on multiple boards the $45 a month is out of the question, i have spent hours sorting the mirror out and in the end had a zoom with Monday.com support but failed to ask about the email automation aspect so now back to square one really as can not complete the automation we were looking for

1 Like

Would you please show me how you are doing this? I am at a standstill and desperately need help.