Showing documents that are sent out weekly, quarterly, or monthly on a calendar view

I have a board for tracking some documents that our organization sends out over various time periods (monthly, quarterly, annually). I am looking to use the calendar view to get a better picture of when these docs go out. I’ll use a Monthly document for example. This specific document is sent out the 1st Monday of every month. I want to show that in each month on my calendar without having to create multiple items with multiple dates for the same document.

Another example is a document sent out quarterly (the 10th of Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct). The only way for me to show that currently is to have 4 date columns, one for each quarter.

Basically, I’m wondering if there is a way for me to say “make this a recurring item on the 1st Monday of every month.” and have that show on the calendar view without having to create a new item for each date that the document goes out.

Hey Amy,

Could something like this work for you?

This way you can also map the item details/info in the automation recipe via the item mapping… Apologies if I am misunderstanding your request here!

Thank you for the response, Bianca! If I use this automation will the new item show up in the board? I’m trying to have one item for each document that goes out and avoid duplication, but I understand if that’s not possible.

Hi Amy,

For the monthly, you could try a custom automation recipe using “date arrives” + “push date”

This way it’ll keep the 1 line item and moves the due date exactly 1 month later. You could repeat this for the quarterly (4 months) and annual (12 months).
You’ll need to have a condition (the second line in the first half using status or something else) to pinpoint which automation to trigger - so if status is Monthly / Quarterly / Annual, then push date by 1 / 4 / 12 respectively.

This is perfect!! I’ll give this a try. Thanks! :slight_smile: