Why is there a difference in the amount of options you can have on a single select column and multi select column? We are making a form were a user has to give their state they live in or whatever, and we can’t do it because there’s a LIMIT. but we can do multi select with 50+ options??? Is there a WORKAROUND i can do? there should be no such thing as a workaround on this website. i see way too many of them on this forum, but sorry. There is no excuse. This website has been around for too long and has too many users. you guys should TRIPLE your dev team size and get to work
This isn’t really a forum. It’s just a place where people go when they are looking for features that don’t exist
Esp. frustrating because Status columns have huge gaps in their index ranges, so there is room for more indexes. I think its just the issue of unique colors to use - since it started out as the “color” column before it even allowed words in it.
Nachliel from Easyapps here
Our Monday form builder app, Easyform, supports turning Dropdown column questions into single select, allowing you to go beyond the Status column limits.
In addition to that, we offer:
- Connected Board support:
- Limiting selection to a single item.
- Displaying items from multiple connected boards.
- Limiting select options to items from specific boards where a column is connected to multiple boards.
- Pro plan feature - item default values support - set default values for connected board columns hidden in the form.
- Upload files to your board’s file columns, with support for:
- Allowing only specific file types, such as images or pdf.
- Limiting the number of files that can be uploaded.
- Setting a maximum for file size.
- Manually retrying uploads if some or all of them fail.
- Set default values for the response item’s hidden group, status, connected board, and dropdown columns. To do so, select Item default values from the Settings menu.
- Add the item’s group as just another field to the form.
- Control the page’s top margin with the ability to set different values for desktop and mobile. To do so, select Page from the Settings menu.
If you’re interested in creating styled forms that better match your brand and embed perfectly on your web page, you can check out our Monday.com app Easyform and our extensive documentation site.
You can set up a free demo here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is an example of our form in action:
I hope this helps,