Slack Notifications

I would like to use the Slack Integration/Automations to send a notification to a Slack Channel. When I send this notice manually, the user being notified is shown as a hyperlink and they are notified thru the Slack application as having a message to be reviewed.

I have successfully set this up, but the user who I want to be notified does not appear in the message as a hyperlink and they are not notified in the Slack application has having a message to be reviewed.

I would also like to be able to remove the “View the pulse on monday.com” hyperlink as it is not needed for my particular use.

Hi @Penguin! Thanks for reaching out to us about this Slack question. Our Slack integration doesn’t support the mention of people in the messages and due to the nature of the integration - there’s not an option to remove the “view this pulse in monday.com” - can you let me know the use case here? I’d love to be sure our product team understands the pain points here to see what we can do going forward. Cheers!

Hi! If I understand what the OP is saying - this is something I would like as well. Presently, we are using Slack throughout our business and there are hundreds of Slack’s happening on multiple channels each day. I would like the ability to write a tag in my Monday/Slack integration pulse so that when it appears in Slack the person is notified.
E.g. In Monday - when status changes to sent Slack, notify @channel in #leadership group

Hi @JessS! Our native Slack integration doesn’t support mentioning people or channels, but there are additional connections available through Zapier. You can explore them all here: Connect your monday.com to Slack integration in 2 minutes | Zapier

1 Like

I could be missing something but I don’t think this will work for us (aside from the fact that we got Monday so we didn’t need an ‘in between’ app). We create boards from templates, and want the integrations to work once the template has been duplicate but Zapier only let’s you select specific boards for Zaps - so they don’t work on the duplicated templates (unless this is possible and I just haven’t been able to figure out how to do it).

We are running into the need for this. At the very least, it would be really useful to incorporate basic Slack mentions like @channel and @here.

I would really like to be able to remove the Pulse link too. I’m using the integration to post that something has been raised via a form. The board it is raised on is private and I don’t want people going to it

1 Like