Slow API response with MirrorValue

@Matias.Monday I’ve tested again and unfortunately there is no change. The queries still fail with HTTP 500 errors. The query is the same that I posted earlier in this thread. I can share the board id(s) with your team if that helps.

1 Like

Hi all, for me the initial call works great (fast for 5 items with 27 mirrored columns) but whenever I want to go to next page through next_items_page with new cursor value, the API gives 500 response. Does not matter if only 1 item is taken, every time the 500 response shows.

Query next_item_page:
query{
next_items_page(
cursor: “MSwzODY4Mjc4NDMwLEpnbGR6aGk2MWc5ZUQ1ZnlNdFRUeiwyMCwyLHw3NDY2MzI3NzU”
) {
cursor
items {
id
column_values {
… on MirrorValue {
column {
id
title
type
}
display_value
text
}
}
}
}
}

Hello again,

For those who still have issues, please send an email to appsupport@monday.com with as much information as possible and we will take a look from there :grin:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Just providing another status update on this. It appears that the API has reverted now back to the slower loading times? Has something been rolled back?

Hello there @aarong

Yes. Our team is working on a fix to speed up the response time again.

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Hi @Matias.Monday , any update available? It’s been some weeks now and the reporting needs of my team get more urgent every day…

Hello there @hannes.vanoverscheld,

No updates yet. I will speak with the team and bring back any news as soon as I get them.

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Hello again @hannes.vanoverscheld,

I heard back from the team and this should be resolved now.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues!

Cheers,
Matias

2 Likes

Hi Matias, yes I can confirm! Works like a charm, thank you so much to the team!!

1 Like

Happy to help @hannes.vanoverscheld !!

1 Like

We’re still having the same issue of slow responses. For boards that have a lot of (10+) mirror columns we can only get a few items (5-10) per page before the requests time out. It looks like the more mirror columns there are, the less items we can get.

Hi Tuomas,

Our team will keep looking at this to see if there are more changes required on our end. We will keep you updated about this. Thanks!

Best,
Joseph

With just over three weeks left, and holidays in the middle, do you think 2023-10 is stable enough for actual production and not just labeled “stable”, and for 2023-07 to be discontinued rendering the ability to get many mirrors unreliable?

1 Like

Hello there,

The 2023-10 version is stable for production.

Our team is working on a new deployment that will reduce the response time for queries that include the values of mirror columns. In the meantime, to avoid timeouts, using a low limit per page does the trick :grin:

Cheers,
Matias

2 Likes

Hi @hannes.vanoverscheld

If you can help me, I’m not able to read the fields in the mirror column through my queries. I’ve tried several approaches, but none of the mirror columns show up. I was only able to bring the items from the linked frame through the use of “BoardRelationValue”, but the data from the mirror columns did not.

In the query I need to have in only one table (use in PowerBI) the name of the element, the data of the linked column and the data of the mirror columns. Can anyone help me ?

I’m definitely missing something.

Tks

Hello there @haasaah and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

I do not have experience using PowerBI, but API-wise, you can use a query like this one to get the values of the mirror columns:

{
  boards(ids: 1234567890) {
    items_page(limit: 10) {
      items {
        name
        column_values {
          ... on MirrorValue {
            display_value
            id
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Matias

Hi @Matias.Monday

Thanks for the feedback.
Regardless of PowerBI, or any other interpreter, using exactly this code, a timeout error occurs in the query. I did two tests using Insomia, where it is faster to validate, on the same BOARD as the screenshot above.

1. in the first test, I tried a simple reading of the BOARD elements.

{
  boards(ids: 123444234) {
    items_page(limit: 10) {
      items {
        name
        column_values {
          id
					type
					text
					value
        }
      }
    }
  }
}
  1. With the “MirrorValue” method, the query takes time, and then just returns timeout, not bringing the elements.

I don’t know how to proceed, I even did several other tests using “DependencyValue” and “BoardRelationValue”, all without success.

Anyone, any ideas?

Hello again @haasaah,

Our team is working on something that will make these queries run faster.

In the meantime, to avoid timeouts, you can use a lower limit for your items_page. That should prevent the timeouts.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Hi @Matias.Monday , how are you ?

Thank you for the return.

Only in two ways did the reading work:

• With 1 item - ~2 seconds
  • With 2 items - ~33 seconds (+1550% !!!)
  • With +3 - TIMEOUT.

** prints below.

Considering that I have several tables with 5 to 6k rows, it is impossible to work.

Even trying to perform queries in a loop, it becomes extremely slow and unproductive.

Using API 2023-10 or 2024-01 the problem is the same. We didn’t have this problem before the API change, and I understand the modernization / improvement in queries, but this slowness is a big inconvenience.

Please, is there no expected solution? I still haven’t been able to migrate my queries that need to use MirrorValue, and I have several frames with this model.

Hello there @haasaah,

Would you be able to please submit this form so that our team can take a look? Please add the IDs in the information you send, and if you can, please also test this again and let us know about the timestamp (date, hour, minute, ID of the user who is sending the request).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like