Sort by for Dropdown list

Hi Bianca,

Thanks for the reply on this issue, but this seems to sort the entire board vs. sorting the dropdown menu items.

For example, On my Sales Overview Board I have various accounts that I include in a connected column, I can select one or more accounts for this column, which is perfect.

My problem is the information that I input on the Accounts Board is in alphabetical order (thanks to the sort option), but when I go to my Sales Overview Board and I click the plus to select an account, the names are shown in the order I added them on the Accounts Board, not in the alphabetical order as I had saved the Accounts Board.
I hope this makes sense, I do not want to alter the order of items in the Sales Overview Board, I only want to make the Accounts column dropdown to be in alphabetical order like it is on the Accounts Board.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!

Hi @KMcG,

Thanks for following up. Just to clarify, are you referring to the connect boards column that isn’t displaying the items in the correct order (in the column) as they display in the native board?

Hi @BiancaT ,

We do not want to sort our board by the connect column (it is already sorted by a deadline date).
The information we need to have sorted is the info in the actual dropdown menu. I have included a screenshot to show what I am seeing. In the screenshot you can see the accounts in the dropdown are not in alphabetical order (starts with C, then M, then Q, then B and so on - it appears to be the order each account was added). We would like the account dropdown to match the Account board’s sorting style (alphabetical).

Thanks in advance! Have a good day.

Thanks for clarifying this for me! After investigating internally, my understanding is that the order of those items (/accounts) in the column dropdown, should match the order the items appear in the native board (accounts board) - therefor if you have ordered them alphabetically this should display in the accounts column. As such, I am afraid this sounds like a potential bug, and recommend you reach out to our support team via support@monday.com so our technical team can investigate this matter for you :pray: I apologise for the double work here!

Thanks, @BiancaT - I appreciate your assistance in this.
I have sent an email to your support team, as you suggested.
Have a great week!

1 Like

It would still be great to have the options create in a dropdown or status column to be ordered alphabetically! for example, in this status column it has things listed in the order they were added but can there be a button added maybe next to edit labels that says order A-Z or Z-A just for the status options so that when clicked into it would list the states in order. it shouldnt do anything for the board at large
Screen Shot 2023-06-27 at 4.53.52 PM

We are currently trialling Monday. I’m in the process of migrating data from another platform in order to evaluate properly. I’ve just imported a list of contacts with dozens of different labels and I have to manually alphabetise them? I’m really baffled that Monday doesn’t have this basic functionality, but I’m even more disappointed to hear that it’s been FOUR YEARS since users first started taking the time to request it and Monday still hasn’t implemented.

1 Like