Start + End = Timeline App

Hi Everyone,

Do you know if the Start + End = Timeline app works on subitems? In my workflow, I’m trying to have the timeline column automatically update to whatever the start date is on another column. The problem is, is my tasks are subitems and I’m running into a lot of limitations.

Thank you!

hi @BritneyS

Welcome to the community! We (Excellent Team) are the creators of the apps:
Start + End = Timeline
Sync Subitem Timeline

The first one works on items only, the second one on subitems only. You can use them both on the same board to support items and subitems.

Hi Bas de Bruin,

Thank you so much! I will add this to my board and test it out.

Hi @basdebruin,

I have been testing this on my board and the timeline isn’t updating to what the start date actually is. I have the timeline connected to the duration column. The purpose of the timeline column is to spell out what the timeline is for the project as a whole. My idea is to have the timeline automatically update based upon the predetermined KPI duration for each task but also automatically update and adjust when a start date is either before or after the original start date. That way we still have visual on what the estimated completion date will be. Dose that all make sense?

Currently I am using the automation “When start date, completion date, or target task timeline in a subitem changed, synchronize in the dates-timeline direction.”

Could the timeline not be updating because it is connecting to the duration column? Is there a way to over ride that?

Thank you!

hi @BritneyS

When both dates are present the app should update the timeline when one of these dates changes. How did you connect your timeline with the duration, is that through the column settings of the timeline column?

@basdebruin Yes, that is how I connected the two. The connection was made prior to adding the Sync Subitem Timeline app. I could disconnect and reconnect them to see if that helps.

Hi @basdebruin,

Do you have any update here? The trial period is about to expire and the dates are still not lining up.

hi @BritneyS

I don’t have enough information to look at this. The app works according to the specs, it looks like your use case is just not supported. To analyse that, please email to info@excellent-team.nl with:

• your monday account url
  • the board and item id’s that is not updated
  • a screenshot of your automations / integrations
  • a short description on the process (what do you do first… etc)

hi @BritneyS

I also noticed that the timeline is locked. Can the user that added the integration to the board update the timeline?