Status Change automation using Time Tracking

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if its possible to set an automation to change a status using time tracking?

So for example, when column ‘priority’ is ‘P1’ and ‘time tracking’ reaches ‘48h00m’ change ‘status’ to ‘overdue’.

I’m sure its possible but I’ve searched and cant seem to find the answer?

Thank you!

Hey there!

There isn’t an automation at this time that will be triggered when the time tracking column reaches a certain value, but you can use automations to stop and start time tracking.

I’d love to hear more about the process you’re looking to set up so I can suggest some workarounds for this! Let me know! :blush:

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback and offer to help with a work around as i’m sure you have a much better idea of how to achieve what I’m failing to do.

In our team we have SLA’s for closure of open issues.
I have set the board to calculate the expected date of issue closure from the day its raised depending on the priority severity of the SLA. (Alerts have haven been set up to send out notifications as the expected SLA closure date approaches and then again if we have a breach.)

However, the timer for SLA closure is effectively paused if the issue is passed over to another team for their input / work, meaning the SLA closure date is extended by the time the issue is outside of the control of our team.
To get round this the board has been automated to set time tracking when the owner of the issue is set to another team to calculate the time its outside of our teams control. Time tracking is automated to stop again when the owner is changed back to our team.
A formula has then been used to turn the time tracking minutes into days.

What i’m now struggling to do is to use these extra time tracked days to extend / create a new expected SLA closure date.

I hope this makes sense?

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback and offer to help with a work around as i’m sure you have a much better idea of how to achieve what I’m failing to do.

In our team we have SLA’s for closure of open issues.
I have set the board to calculate the expected date of issue closure from the day its raised depending on the priority severity of the SLA. (Alerts have haven been set up to send out notifications as the expected SLA closure date approaches and then again if we have a breach.)

However, the timer for SLA closure is effectively paused if the issue is passed over to another team for their input / work, meaning the SLA closure date is extended by the time the issue is outside of the control of our team.
To get round this the board has been automated to set time tracking when the owner of the issue is set to another team to calculate the time its outside of our teams control. Time tracking is automated to stop again when the owner is changed back to our team.
A formula has then been used to turn the time tracking minutes into days.

What i’m now struggling to do is to use these extra time tracked days to extend / create a new expected SLA closure date.

I hope this makes sense?

Thank you