Status column | Not Possible to Delete Gray Label

Hi there,

I seem to have a problem when I try to add a new label for a status column.
I am able to add labels and change colours for some labels but I keep getting one “add label” box that appears but with no cross to delete it and I am unable to change it’s colour.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 13.17.40

Could someone please explain what I am doing wrong?
Thanks

Chris

OK I think I’ve worked it out - it is used simply a blank status.

Hey @TPMG-Chris, that’s right! That grey one is a blank status :blush:

Did you have any other questions about status labels? Feel free to let us know.

Hi - My issue is when I am displaying a Kanban board, the empty/blank board always appears, and I can’t seem to remove. I know how to add an additional column easily, so why does the empty board seem to appear by default?

1 Like

Were you ever able to find a work around for the grey label? I have the same issue in that it appears in my Kanban board when I have no use for it. It makes the board look unfinished.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I am running into the same issue and I was hoping to use the Kanban view for a demonstration.

Hey @Cory and @msmagone !

Are you referring to how to remove the Gray Status as an option in the KanBan View?:

If so, there is no way to remove this option at the moment as it is the automatic default status label for any item. This means there is no workaround to remove it either.

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

1 Like

This reply is not satisfying… I totally agree that it does not look nice at all to have a kanban with an empty column on the right… one should be able to hide it when all tasks have a status assigned…

1 Like

I spent nearly a day trying to organize the status column labels in a progressive sequence on status. There were labels that I couldn’t delete and finally figured out that it was because the label ‘color’ was used in ANOTHER BOARD! I had to find all the items in all the boards that used that color, change the status on the items to something else, then I was able to delete the label. I thought that columns were board specific not workspace specific. But I still have the gray label and also the ghosted out ‘new label’. The label at least should not be presented to the user when trying to change status.

There alway must be a default label in status. When you create a new item, there needs to be a default label. So, you might want to change the NEW to the default label and change the color. Change the “Add Label” to “New”, change the color and move it to the top.

did you ever find a wok around?