Status Column Summary Footer - Colour order

I was wondering what determines the order in which the colours appear, from left to right, in the status column summary footer ?

Based on the screenshot below, I can’t figure out how the order is determined.

It’s not based on the number of pulses per status, neither is it based on the order of appearence in the dropdown menu of the status column (which would be my preference) nor is it based on the default order configured in the admin section under Customization/Boards.

Thanks for your help !

3 Likes

Good question. I was wondering the same thing.

2 Likes

woah! thought it was based on order of status labels, but never looked into it I guess. Would love to see an answer on the current rational. Also, as a future update would be nice to have the option to choose based on # of pulses per status or order of the status dropdown.

3 Likes

If you click on “Add / Edit Labels” you can change the order however you want. :sunglasses:

If you click on “Add / Edit Labels” you can change the order however you want.

Understood but the question refers to the column summary at the bottom of the status column - not the order of the Status label definitions.

See “Add a footer to see progress”

The order of the colors in the column summary (previously known as the footer)
bears no apparent relationship to the order of the colors in the Status column above

1 Like

And again, the question is really what determines the orde in which the colours are displayed in the column summary.

In the screenshot, in the column Priority A, you can see that the Red (Priority 1) is not the first colour in the summary but it is the category with the most pulses (3) and it is the first choice in the dropdown.

In the screenshot, in the column Priority B, you can see that the order in the dropdown is different but it has no effect on the order in which the colours are displayed in the column summary.

My expectation was that colours would be displayed in order of number of pulses or in the order determined in the dropdown list, so that the user has a frame of reference when looking at the summary line.

My preference would be the order determined in the dropdown list.

1 Like

Hey guys!

The order of the colors in the status footer is determined by the order of the status in the admin section.
If you are an admin of the account, click on your admin section > customization > boards.
You will be able to determine the status labels.
The order you set up will be the same order as in your footer.

@FredBrosseau beautiful board btw!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Lea

Is there any thoughts of moving the column summary order management to weighted by usage or the order on the specific board. It seems TOO big brother to maintain this in the admin.

We have many different teams and individuals with boards and I imagine everyone would want it a specific way to the board’s use case.

2 Likes

Hello colleagues,

Sorry to insist but as stated before, it doesn’t match the default order either.

See screenshot (with french labels):

@Lea-monday.com

The order of the colors in the status footer is determined by the order of the status in the admin section.

Sounds logical but it doesn’t seem to work that way on our boards.

We have very few label defaults defined in the Admin section

How is the order of the colours in each board’s footers determined where board-specific Status labels exist?

Seems almost random.

Hi there,

Sorry for diging such an old thread but it was the only one I found concerning this topic !

Indeed, this can be annoying and mess with the clarity of summaries/footers.
@Lea-monday.com any news/hint on how to do it ?

Best,