Supported column types for excel import (redux)

PLEASE DELETE BEFORE POSTING: Before opening a new topics, first please search to check if someone else has already asked the question :slight_smile:
Also, if you are experiencing an issue with your monday.com account, please contact us via our 24/7 email support: support@monday.com which is the channel where we deal with bugs.

Hi, I can’t figure how to open a closed topic but having the same issue as 7/21. Monday is NOT mapping a number of columns. It will not allow me to import and then change the cell type. Rather, it will only import 2 out of 12 columns. I tried naming my columns exactly as they appear in Monday.com but that doesn’t appear to have any impact. Just spent a ridiculous amount of time putting the excel sheet together to have to hand enter into Monday.com now.
If anyone has ideas, I’d greatly appreciate hearing them.

1 Like

Hi @SGrif :wave:

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your import.
Our import feature currently only allows Number, Status, Email, Date, or Text columns via the import, but you should be able to change the column types after import.

I’d like our support team to take a closer look at this. As this concerns your specific account and import it would be best to handle this on a 1:1 basis with the support team via email.
Could you please shoot the team an email to support@monday.com?
It would be really useful if you could also include screenshots or a short recording of what you’re experiencing when you try to import the file - this will allow them to try to replicate the issue on their side.

Best,

Dani