Template-ize tasks that are repeated

Relatively new to Monday, and helping to get my colleagues up and running. I got this request from someone today and couldn’t find an answer via searching.

We have multi-step tasks that are frequently repeated. For example, a job (newsletter) that would require an item on a board and maybe a dozen sub-tasks (copy due, layout, approval, send to vendor, etc.).

I am struggling to find a way to automate this so it doesn’t have to be inputted item-by-item each time the task/job comes up.

Is there a way to create a template so that I could just do this automatically (in this case, by adding “newsletter” item and it would automatically add all the necessary subitems)?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if I’m missing something obvious!

We are days away from releasing our second app "Templates"to beta… You can find more info and apply for the beta here: https://themondayman.com/apps/

You can also do it yourself using Integromat. This video shows how: POWERFUL Item/Subitem Templates with Integromat - YouTube

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: Quick Tip - The Trick to Editing Custom Automations

2 Likes

Thank you! Signed up so I receive notice when you release the app. Much appreciated!

@michaelmhughes

We are still working with monday to get Bridges into the marketplace.

Would you like to use our Templates app now?

Jim

Hi Jim,

One of my coworkers found a solution for the time being, but please keep me posted re: development.

Thank you,

Michael

Hello, I have just started using Monday, and am looking for the same functionality. Any update on this?

@brian.brett

We have a product in beta and are expecting to submit to the marketplace once we get other priorities addressed.

Jim - The Monday Man
Get Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday